It doesn't matter if you have a single stud on the nose or twelve different piercings on your face alone...
You've been through this. You know what it's like to be pestered with questions about your decision to get a tattoo and whether it hurt (because they doubt that having a needle pass through your skin is that bad) and what it's like to accidentally nudge a fresh piercing. Oh, and the agony. Can't forget about that one. We all know how awful the healing period can be. So here, I made an incomplete list of the things we go through for love — body mod love. Here are 32 things people with piercings know all too well: 1. People asking several times a week if it hurt
2. The dirty looks you get from people in the subway
3. Being questioned of your job prospects all the time
Find your next tattoo
4. Your mom looking at you with such loving disappointment
(Should have breastfed her longer...)
Recent from Funny
5. Getting your lip pierced and not being able to eat normally for at least a week
6. You're a couple days into healing and you hit a sensitive spot
7. Doing multiple google searches about whether your piercing is healing normally or it’s turning into a freaky keloid
The look you give your monitor when you see a piercing gone wrong photo that looks more like a freak accident.
8. Getting two piercings that are supposed to be aligned but your OCD kicks in and now you're perpetually miserable because your wonderful piercer had one job...
It was this close...
9. Spending at least 15 minutes every time you try to get the tiny ball screwed into place
10. Losing a piercing during healing and getting paranoid as fuck
11. Wanting to pick and scratch your nose as you please but you remembered that you just got it pierced
12. Conveniently catching a cold right after getting your nose pierced
I swear that's how it's like when you get runny nose with a freshly healed nose piercing. Trust me.
13. True love is eating your favorite food despite the horrified screams of each of your nerve endings
14. Not being able to sleep in a certain position because of the damned thing
16. Crusty dragons
17. Being careful not to let even the slightest touch land on your fresh piercing and messing up—which is going to hurt like a kick in the nut
18. Finding yourself playing with it several times a day once it's healed
19. Removing it once and then forgetting to put it back for hours and then having to go through the agonising ordeal of putting it back in
20. Losing a piercing in your sleep. Especially one in the mouth.
21. Getting your piercing stuck on something
22. Wondering what the fuck were you thinking when the pain finally hits you
23. It's been two weeks, why is it bleeding just now? What did I do? Is it supposed to do that?
24. The first three days are the worst
The redness, the bleeding, and oh my gofd, why is it still swollen...
25. The mini heart attack you get when you lose the ball at a public place
That was surgical steel!
26. The awkward position you're in when you have to fix a piercing in a public place
I swear people think I pick my nose all the time when all I'm doing is fixing my septum ring back in place.
27. Ogling at custom jewellery online
Earmageddon, here I come.
28. The look you give somebody with piercings
29. The interesting conversations you have with people about your piercing
30. That exhilarating feeling of getting pierced
31. Kissing is a bit more fun
You get the idea.
32. The stress of having to hide them at certain circumstances
And a bonus, the best feeling of all:
33. You, the first day you found out it was finally healed