18 Things Only Tattooed People Raised By Strict Parents Will Know
“NO TATTOOS. EVER. AND THAT'S FINAL.” Calling all tattooed folks out there who grew up with parents who' aren't the biggest fans of tattoos!
Hitting a bit too close to home this time! Knowing you're doomed to grow old a blank space is one of the signs you grew up with strict parents. You thought you wouldn't hear the end of it when you first came how with a sleeve starter tattoo on your arm - you're right, they're still at it whenever they have you over for dinner.
Having to blend in with people who look at you like you have some kind of STD in the subway is already difficult enough and it doesn't help to have your own flesh and blood actually think you're going through a difficult phase whenever they see your tattoos. Points if your family goes to church on Sundays (or Saturdays if you're Adventist). Here are some of the things you may have encountered growing up with parents who pray for your soul for getting tattoos.
1. This is how clear your folks were about the idea of tattoos.
Maybe even long before you considered getting a tattoo, it's pretty clear that your family will have no tattooed family member. It was brought up whenever you're riding with your folks and pass by heavily tattooed people in the street. You'd hear about how those guys aren't going to get jobs and how they're probably infested with diseases.
Recent from Funny
2. Your parents are always asking how you turned out the way you did when they did everything they can to raise a 'good' child.
I'm special, mom.
3. How you reacted the first time your parents told you that no child of theirs is going to get a tattoo.
Don't deny it.
4. Giving the first speech you prepared for your parents to make them see that getting tattoos won't make you a bad person but it's still a no.
It's like spending a whole day constructing a professional email for your professor then getting a “K” as a response.
5. Telling your friends why you can't get a tattoo yet.
6. Your late night thoughts involve a scenario of you growing old and never getting tattoos.
7. "But they're permanent, darling"
8. Realizing that you have to wait 'til you can move out before you get a tattoo without being guilty.
9. You all the years as you wait 'til you can finally get the damn tattoo.
10. How your parents would respond every time you try to defend you view on tattoos.
“Be yourself. No, not like that, honey.”
11. How you think you parents react to having you as a child.
12. Keeping your trap shut and not saying anything anymore whenever one of those lectures about tattoos and how horrible you'll look with them comes around.
13. Marvelling at how wonderfully close-minded your family is.
14. The face you make after losing your tattoo virginity
15. Next mission: Hiding you tattoo from your batshit crazy folks.
16. How your parents reacted when they saw your first tattoo
17. Having to sit through those "That's sure going to be your last tattoo" discussions.
18. But at the end of the day, you guys still love the shit out of each other.
And you still got eight more tattoos anyway. Read more stuff like this here.