Let’s face it: being an adult is hard. Life’s all fun, games, and spending your extra cash on weed and pizza deliveries until one day you blink, and suddenly you’re 22 years old with about $50,000 in student loan debt living on minimum wage in one of the most expensive cities in the world. To some, it comes naturally like riding a bike or learning how to walk. To others it’s more of a slow roll, going months on end until one day you realize that your lights won’t turn on because you forgot to pay your electric bill for the past four months, instead spending the money on necessary things like weed and Uber rides. Adulting is hard, and whether you’re 22 or 32, we’re pretty positive we’ve all been there at some point in our lives.
Artist Magic Rosa is creating some painfully, albeit hilariously, honest tattoos that speak to our wildly immature souls. So if you’ve ever found yourself purchasing underwear due to your lack of clean pairs, or the fact that the laundromat is about two blocks too far, we think you might feel us on this one. Here’s to hoping we can all one day remember to go to the doctor for an annual checkup, instead of picking through Web MD hoping to god our numb toe isn’t a sign of cancer.
1. When an entry level job says “you need 3-5 years prior experience.”
2. When your friends convince you to dress up for a night out, and you’re just like…
3. When you literally haven’t slept with anyone in six months, and you’re beginning to wonder if your vajeen looks more like the inside of a crypt.
4. When your Tinder profile says that you’re “looking for someone to survive the Trump presidency with.”
7. When you really shouldn’t pay $15 for take out, but the grocery store is three blocks away, and it’s 20 degrees outside.
8. When someone is like, “Oh wow, you don’t go to the gym? Don’t you know it does wonders for your health? Soul Cycle literally saved my life. Literally.”